The Exmoor Pony Centre
Somerset TA22 9QE
Tel: 01398 323093
At times we may be away from the telephone tending to our ponies' needs. Please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Opening Times: 11th February 2018 until 2nd November 2018
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday 10am - 4pm. Closed Tuesday and Saturday.
Free Admission but we welcome donations to enable us to continue caring for the ponies.
Caution: Sat Nav directions to the Centre are unreliable so please visit our HOW TO FIND US page for directions.
Set in the heart of Exmoor the Centre offers the visitor a chance to meet an Exmoor Pony up close. The Centre is home to about 20 ponies, some of which are available for visitors to meet in the yard, paddocks and petting pen.
You will be welcomed to the Centre by our friendly staff and volunteers. There is information available about the history of the Exmoor Pony, places they can be sighted on the moors and the work that we do. You can also see a short video of our foal handling techniques. We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.
- Covered Riding Arena. This is where our Taster Sessions take place. They must be booked in advance.
- Pony Paddocks. There are a few small paddocks where you can meet some of our ponies.
- Indoor Pony Petting Pen. We do not want the possibility of rain spoiling your enjoyment! If you have adopted a pony and wish to visit it please advise us in advance and, providing the pony is available, we will bring it into the pen for you to spend some special time with it.
- Shop. Pony themed shop with gifts to suit everyone.
- Self-Service Tea/Coffee/Squash available for a donation. If you are lucky there might even be some homemade cake brought in by a volunteer.
- Our Green Room building provides a place to sit and perhaps enjoy a picnic (if no catering is taking place). There is more information available about the history of the Exmoor pony and a video that can be watched showing the foal handling techniques that we use.
- Outside seating/picnic area for visitors to use.
- Toilet facilities
- Disabled Access/Toilet
- Dogs. Well behaved dogs on leads are welcome into the Centre.
- Free Parking
What's nearby?We are based about 4 miles from Dulverton, a lovely country town with shops, pubs, restaurants and tea rooms as well as a Tourist Information Centre.
We are very near to the Tarr Steps an ancient clapper bridge and well-known tourist attraction.
For more links to what is available to do in and around the Exmoor National Park click here.
We hope that you will be able to visit us and meet our wonderful ponies.